EFT and Mindfulness Retreat in Methoni
WHAT’S UP: I’ve teamed up with Mindfulness Teacher and fellow EFT Practitioner, Marina Kastrinaki, to co-host an EFT Tapping and Mindfulness retreat. Join us for a getaway weekend to connect with yourself, nature, and community. The retreat will be hosted at Casa Marina overlooking the magical bay of Methoni!
WHAT IS EFT TAPPING?
EFT Tapping is a relaxation method where you tap on key acupressure points (see image above) for a wide range of issues, from anxiety to chronic pain conditions to stress-related sugar cravings, or even clearing limiting beliefs. Also known as Tapping, EFT has been around for more than 40 years and researched for more than 20 years.
The 250+ published journal articles on EFT show it positively affects a range of biochemistry in the body (e.g. positive changes in brain activity, cortisol, and DNA expression – see key studies below).
Dawson, et al (2018), “Is Tapping on acupuncture points an active ingredient in Emotional Freedom Techniques? A systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies”, The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, Vol 206.
Anastasia, et al (2013) “Effect of the Emotional Freedom Technique on perceived stress, quality of life, and cortisol salivary levels in tension-type headache sufferers: A randomized control trial”, Explore, Vol 9.
Bach, et al (2019) “Clinical EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Improves Multiple Physiological Markers of Health”, Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine, Vol 24
Church, et al (2012) “The Effect of Emotional Freedom Techniques on
Stress Biochemistry: A Randomized Controlled Trial”, The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, Vol 200
Stapleton, et al (2020) “Reexamining the Effect of Emotional Freedom
Techniques on Stress Biochemistry: A Randomized Controlled Trial”, Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy
Stapleton, et al (2018) “An Initial Investigation of Neural Changes in Overweight Adults with Food Cravings after Emotional Freedom Techniques”, OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine Journal, Vol 3.
Stapleton, et al (2022) “Neural changes after Emotional Freedom Techniques treatment for chronic pain sufferers”, Journal of Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, Vol 49
Wittfoth, et al (2022) “Bifocal emotion regulation through acupoint tapping in fear of flying”, Journal of NeuroImage: Clinical, Vol 34
Wittfoth, et al (2020) “Emotion regulation through bifocal processing of fear inducing and disgust inducing stimuli”, BMC Neuroscience Journal, Vol 21.
Maharaj, M. (2016) “Differential gene expression after Emotional
Freedom Techniques (EFT) treatment: A novel pilot
protocol for salivary mRNA assessment”, Energy Psychology, Vol 8.
Church, et al (2018) “Epigenetic effects of PTSD remediation
in veterans using Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques: A randomized
controlled pilot study”, American Journal of Health Promotion, Vol 32.
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT FROM THIS RETREAT
- feel more present, energized and connected
- gain new clarity and understanding of your needs, including those of your body, in the present moment
- learn how to release stress, tension, or pain by connecting to your body in gentle ways
- be empowered with a set of tools to handle your emotions better when facing adversity
- deepen your awareness of how your body, emotions and thoughts are connected
- be able to bring new energy to your personal goals and chip away at emotional/somatic/cognitive blocks that keep you from moving forward
- breathe new life into your emotional practice for the winter months!
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
Treat yourself to a fantastic experience that includes:
- combined care from two passionate practitioners sharing their easy-to-use tools for grounding, centering and restoring your well-being
- traditional dishes at Niko’s taverna (Saturday night), delicious food (Sunday lunch) and healthy refreshments and snacks at Casa Marina
- pack of simple EFT Tapping and mindfulness self-care materials
- accommodation & breakfast at the luxurious Achilleas Hill Hotel (2 nights)
PRICING AND PAyMENT
Total retreat price: €375 per person
(incl. accommodation & breakfast)
Bring-a-friend discount: €325 per person
(share a room, save €50 each)
RSVP by October 9th.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About YOUR HOSTS
Both Eleni and Marina started their careers as classroom teachers and now offer programs and services around emotional hygiene and well-being education after qualifying as EFT Practitioners.
Eleni with an emphasis on IB schools following her career as an IB History/TOK teacher. Marina with an emphasis on Mindfulness and Self-Compassion following additional certification.